Monday, August 14, 2006

Waiting for School to Start

The internet company that deals with my apartment complex had all sorts of issues, so I still don't have internet at home. I did however find the closest library and sign up for a library card to use internet. I'm sure that will be useful.

I'm waiting for school to start. I have district orientation starting Wednesday. It shouldn't be too difficult but I need to focus on meeting mentor teachers at my school and finding out what the math department does. It's hard to lesson plan and unit plan without seeing what they already do.
In other news, whenever I tell someone I've moved to Las Vegas to teach they are so appreciative. Then they ask where I'm teaching. When I say Cheyenne High School they say, I'm so sorry for you, that is going to be so hard. Or sometimes they tell me it's dangerous or scary or that I'll quit. It's discouraging to hear so many horrible things about my school. It's to be expected though.

My blog will hopefully get interesting again in few weeks, but for now with no internet and no kids I don't have much to share.

1 Comments:

Blogger LAV said...

dude, how's school?

7:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home